Is this your first time working with a temp agency? If so, you made an excellent decision. Temp agencies have high standards and are committed to finding the right job for you. By providing quality standards and proven processes, temp agencies have shown consistent and satisfactory results on both sides of the employment equation.
What You Can Expect From A Temp Agency
Once you complete the application process, temp agencies will:
- Verify your job history. By calling your previous employers, a temp agency can gain insight into your work style. This will help them match your skills to their clients’ needs;
- Interview you in a face-to-face meeting. In an effort to find you the best open position available, they will ask you questions specific to the job you are being considered for;
- Provide you with skill assessment testing to better understand your strengths and weaknesses;
- Verify any certifications that you have;
- Ask you to participate in a drug screening and background check;
- Provide you with an overview of the company you will be working with and schedule you for an orientation and workplace safety training.
What The Temp Agency Expects From You
At your initial interview, a temp agency expects you to be yourself. Although your experiences with software and typing are easy to test and may help you get your foot in the door, your soft skills are equally important. When a temp agency asks you questions it is to reveal your soft skills or “people skills” as well as your experience and comfort level working in different environments. Remember to be honest and to avoid embellishing your skills.
Temp agencies will also expect you to bring your resume to the interview if you have one. If you do not have one, bring a list of your previous employers, including your dates of employment. Finally, the temp agency will expect you to dress for the interview as you would for the job.
At Delta Personnel, we want to help you succeed. We have a proven track record placing employees in various industries including, professional services, healthcare, food and hospitality, technical and light industrial. Once we have placed you on a temporary assignment, our work does not end there. We will provide on-going support throughout your assignment and work with you to achieve your overall career goals. Call us today at 504-833-5200 or visit, www.deltapersonnel.com, and let us help you make your professional dreams come true.